I Love Soup!
1 1/2 Lbs. Good Italian sausage
3 Cups Chopped Carrots
2 Cups Chopped Celery
2 Cups Chopped Onion
4 Garlic Cloves, diced
1 Can Petite Diced Tomatoes (Use liquid)
3 Canned Cannellini Beans (Drained and rinsed well)
8-10 Cups Chicken Broth
1 small bunch Kale
1-2 TBL Italian Seasoning
1 Cup Ditalini Pasta
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parmigianino-Reggiano to sprinkle on top
- In a large stockpot, cook sausage over medium heat, crumble and cook until no longer pink, drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, saute onion, celery and carrots until tender.
- Add garlic saute 1 minute longer.
- Add 1 TB Italian Seasoning, salt, pepper and stir.
- Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, and ditalini.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to low.
- Cook uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Add Kale and cook for 2-3 minutes or until kale is wilted.