Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tequillaberry Salad

This recipe comes from a restaurant in Minnesota called Tequillaberry's.  It is now closed and I never ate there but they were known for this salad.  I had it for the first time one Christmas while celebrating at a friend's house.  It was delicious.  If you look on-line there are dozens and dozens of recipes.  I use the one Stacy gave me and sometimes when I'm feeling really crazy I add a handful of frozen peas, that's the way I like it best but I stand alone in my family.


1 head of iceberg lettuce or the equivalent, I like romaine best
1 .5 Cup cauliflower florets
1/2 Red Onion sliced thin
1 Cup Mayo
1/4 Cup sugar
3 T Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
8 slices bacon - chopped

Chop lettuce and add cauliflower, onion, bacon (and peas if adding)
Make dressing by adding remaining ingredients

Toss right before serving.  The dressing is strong and I like only a little bit.  You can cut in half and still have leftovers.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment