Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spicy Shrimp


This is one of my all time favorites. G and I have been making it for well over a decade, not sure how it evolved but I do know this is the single most requested recipe I have. It is saved in email and on multiple scraps of paper, I am put into panic mode more than once a year when I can't find it believing our email purge process has got the better of me. The paper I am copying from has been well loved, covered with stains, scribbles and a phone number in the 513 area code. Goodbye my friend - off you go into Cyber space.


1 Pound Shrimp -I like 16-24 ct.
2 scallions
2 T Peanut Oil
1 T Ketchup
1 T Tabasco
1 T Soy
2 t fresh ginger, minced
1 t sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground cayenne

  1. Chop the white part of the scallion and mix with all ingredients.
  2. Add shrimp and marinade 2-3 hours
  3. Skewer
  4. GRILL, not an indoor grill, not broil or bake. Charcoal preferred!
  5. Sprinkle remaining scallion (Chopped) over de-skewered shrimp

Leftovers are great in salad but there are seldom any left. Great for parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment